From UKAthletics.com. Click image to zoom.
Eight universities will debut in 2010 the Nike Hyperelite basketball uniform.
The EliteFit system, a jersey/short layered over a padded base layer, is designed to address the games’ increased physicality.
Aerographics relate team spirit and history in a breathable, lightweight graphical mesh innovation relevant to each school.
- Developed for the Beijing Olympics, engineered mesh provides zoned cooling
- Unnecessary fibers are removed, creating mesh that reduces up to half the yarn in jersey
- Comprehensive curation and school-specific design seamlessly integrated into lighter-weight garment
- Creates natural convection flow, drawing heat from back of the body
- Checkered ‘pattern of excellence’ inspiration from racing silks worn by Secretariat – contains Wildcats national championship years.
- Roses symbolize Kentucky Derby
- Illustration represents Lexington campus’s historical Memorial Hall.
- The wildcat school mascot is a design focal point
- Lightweight, quick-drying woven material of 6-ounce-short enables superior moisture management.
Laser perforations allow for increased air flow, breathability