Go here for boxscore.
- Kentucky moves to 2-0 on the season, with wins in back-to-back nights. NJIT falls to 0-1.
- This was the first meeting between UK and NJIT.
- Kentucky will return to action on Tuesday night against No. 5/4 Duke in the 2015 Champion’s Classic at the United Center in Chicago. The game will tip-off at 7:30 p.m. ET and will be shown live on ESPN with Dan Shulman, Jay Bilas and Shannon Spake on the call.
- With 2,180 all-time wins, Kentucky is the nation’s leader.
- Calipari has a 637-178 all-time record, including a 192-38 mark at Kentucky.
- UK has a 531-64 all-time record at historic Rupp Arena.
- UK has won 187 of its last 214 home games.
- UK is 103-4 at Rupp Arena under Calipari.
- The Wildcats have made a 3-pointer in 941 consecutive games, the second-longest streak in the nation.
- Kentucky opened with the lineup of Skal Labissiere, Marcus Lee, Derek Willis, Jamal Murray and Tyler Ulis.
- Marked the first-career start for junior Derek Willis.
- Kentucky outscored NJIT 51-29 in the second half after an eight-point lead at the break, 36-28.
- UK won the battle in rebounds 54-23 for a +31 margin.
- The +31 margin is the largest in the Calipari Era.
- UK’s 54 rebounds ranks fourth in the Calipari Era.
- Previous high was +30 vs. Grand Canyon on Nov. 14, 2014.
- The Wildcats held NJIT to 6-of-28 shooting from the floor in the second half (.214), and 17-of-55 in the game (.309).
- Freshman Skal Labissiere had 26 points, five rebounds and a team-leading three blocks in 20 minutes.
- Scored 18 points in the first half in 13 minutes played. Also had four rebounds and two blocks in the first half.
- Was a perfect 7-of-7 from the floor and 4-of-4 from the free throw line in the first half.
- His 18 points in the first half are tied for the second-most points by a UK player in the first half in the Coach Cal era (Aaron Harrison, 19 vs. Robert Morris on Nov. 17, 2014. Anthony Davis also had 18 vs. South Carolina on Feb. 4, 2012).
- Freshman Isiah Briscoe notched his first-career double-double, scoring 11 points and collecting 12 rebounds.
- Saturday marked his first-career appearance after missing Friday’s opener with a knee injury.
- Junior Derek Willis scored 11 points, including 3-of-4 from 3-point range.
- Has now scored double-digit points in both games this season, a career first.
- Junior Marcus Lee came within two rebounds of his first-career double-double, scoring 10 points and collecting eight rebounds.
- Seven of his eight rebounds were offensive boards.
Walter Cornett, of Glendale, Kentucky, is the owner and operator of Walter’s Wildcat World. He founded WildcatWorld.com in 1998 making it one of the oldest Kentucky basketball fan sites in operation today.