Go here for boxscore.
- Kentucky is 10-1 and Samford is 3-7.
- This was the first meeting between UK and Samford. The Wildcats are 19-0 all-time against teams from the current configuration of the Southern Conference.
- Kentucky will play host to Loyola-Maryland on Thursday at 1 p.m. The game will be televised by Fox Sports South.
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Marquis Teague, Doron Lamb, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Darius Miller andAnthony Davis for the second time this season. That lineup also started the season opener.
- UK didn’t score on its first possession, but scored the next five times for an 11-0 lead.
- Samford broke the ice at 17:10 on a foul shot by Tyler Hood.
- Darius Miller got off to a hot start and had 12 points by the 7:14 mark. It is the first time this season he reached double-figure scoring in the first half.
- Great hustle play by Anthony Davis with less than 5:00 to go! Davis tipped the ball away from a Bulldog, then dived on the court for the loose ball. While lying down, Davis flipped the ball to Kyle Wiltjer, who drove to the basket but missed a twisting, contested layup. Davis was there for the follow up and dunked the miss at the 4:49 mark on the clock.
- Doron Lamb got hot and poured in 16, fourth time this season he hit double figures in the first half.
- UK led 45-22 at half.
- Kentucky led comfortably the remainder of the way en route to an 82-50 win.
- Kentucky shot 50 percent from the field, making 31 of 62. It’s the sixth time this season that the Wildcats made at least half their shots in a game.
- UK had only seven turnovers, second-lowest of the season, and won points off turnovers 18-5.
- UK also dominated second-chance points 18-4.
- UK is now 15-0 under Coach John Calipari when holding the opponent to 55 or fewer points
- UK is 56-1 under Calipari when the opponents scores 67 or fewer points.
- The Wildcats extended their home winning streak to 41 games, the second-longest active streak in the nation. The run includes the 2009 NIT game at Memorial Coliseum and the last 40 games at Rupp Arena.
- UK is a perfect 40-0 under Coach John Calipari at Rupp Arena, the longest win streak in venue history.
- UK owns a 466-60 all-time record in Rupp Arena.
- Since the 2000 season, Calipari-coached teams have posted a 194-19 record at home.
- In its 109th season of basketball, Kentucky is the NCAA’s all-time wins leader with 2,062 wins.
- Doron Lamb led all scorers with 26 points.
- Tied his season high, also vs. Penn State on Nov. 19
- Made four three-pointers, tying his season high
- Tied his career high for rebounds (six) and steals (three)
- Darius Miller tallied 17 points, his second-best of the season, including a trio of three-pointers.
- Marquis Teague scored 14 points, his third-straight game in double figures.
- Added five assists and four rebounds
- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist had 10 points, reaching double-figure scoring for the fourth-straight game.
- Anthony Davis had eight points, a game-high nine rebounds and five blocked shots.
- Eloy Vargas gathered seven rebounds, one short of his career high, in 17 minutes of game time.
- After playing three minutes against Chattanooga, Twany Beckham saw more extensive action tonight, contributing three rebounds and an assist in seven minutes of play.