Go here for boxscore.
- Kentucky is 10-1 and Samford is 3-7.
- This was the first meeting between UK and Samford. The Wildcats are 19-0 all-time against teams from the current configuration of the Southern Conference.
- Kentucky will play host to Loyola-Maryland on Thursday at 1 p.m. The game will be televised by Fox Sports South.
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Marquis Teague, Doron Lamb, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Darius Miller andAnthony Davis for the second time this season. That lineup also started the season opener.
- UK didn't score on its first possession, but scored the next five times for an 11-0 lead.
- Samford broke the ice at 17:10 on a foul shot by Tyler Hood.
- Darius Miller got off to a hot start and had 12 points by the 7:14 mark. It is the first time this season he reached double-figure scoring in the first half.
- Great hustle play by Anthony Davis with less than 5:00 to go! Davis tipped the ball away from a Bulldog, then dived on the court for the loose ball. While lying down, Davis flipped the ball to Kyle Wiltjer, who drove to the basket but missed a twisting, contested layup. Davis was there for the follow up and dunked the miss at the 4:49 mark on the clock.
- Doron Lamb got hot and poured in 16, fourth time this season he hit double figures in the first half.
- UK led 45-22 at half.
- Kentucky led comfortably the remainder of the way en route to an 82-50 win.
- Kentucky shot 50 percent from the field, making 31 of 62. It's the sixth time this season that the Wildcats made at least half their shots in a game.
- UK had only seven turnovers, second-lowest of the season, and won points off turnovers 18-5.
- UK also dominated second-chance points 18-4.
- UK is now 15-0 under Coach John Calipari when holding the opponent to 55 or fewer points
- UK is 56-1 under Calipari when the opponents scores 67 or fewer points.
- The Wildcats extended their home winning streak to 41 games, the second-longest active streak in the nation. The run includes the 2009 NIT game at Memorial Coliseum and the last 40 games at Rupp Arena.
- UK is a perfect 40-0 under Coach John Calipari at Rupp Arena, the longest win streak in venue history.
- UK owns a 466-60 all-time record in Rupp Arena.
- Since the 2000 season, Calipari-coached teams have posted a 194-19 record at home.
- In its 109th season of basketball, Kentucky is the NCAA's all-time wins leader with 2,062 wins.
- Doron Lamb led all scorers with 26 points.
- Tied his season high, also vs. Penn State on Nov. 19
- Made four three-pointers, tying his season high
- Tied his career high for rebounds (six) and steals (three)
- Darius Miller tallied 17 points, his second-best of the season, including a trio of three-pointers.
- Marquis Teague scored 14 points, his third-straight game in double figures.
- Added five assists and four rebounds
- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist had 10 points, reaching double-figure scoring for the fourth-straight game.
- Anthony Davis had eight points, a game-high nine rebounds and five blocked shots.
- Eloy Vargas gathered seven rebounds, one short of his career high, in 17 minutes of game time.
- After playing three minutes against Chattanooga, Twany Beckham saw more extensive action tonight, contributing three rebounds and an assist in seven minutes of play.
Walter Cornett, of Glendale, Kentucky, is the owner and operator of Walter's Wildcat World. He founded WildcatWorld.com in 1998 making it one of the oldest Kentucky basketball fan sites in operation today.