Go here for boxscore.
- Kentucky is 7-0 on the season. Illinois State is now 3-5.
- This was the first meeting between the schools in men's basketball.
- Kentucky returns to action Thursday, Dec. 3, at UCLA. Game time is 9 p.m. EST and it will be televised on ESPN.
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Isaiah Briscoe, Jamal Murray, Charles Matthews, Alex Poythress and Skal Labissiere for the first time this season.
- Illinois State had the strong start, jumping out to a 7-1 advantage.
- Kentucky regained the lead, then the teams battled back-and-forth for the remainder of the first half. After six ties and three lead changes, the teams were knotted at intermission, 31 each.
- Kentucky opened the second half with a steal by Matthews, layup by Briscoe and three-pointer by Murray to take a quick five-point lead.
- Ahead 46-40, the Wildcats went on a 10-0 run to open a 56-40 lead, their largest of the game.
- The Redbirds battled back, closing within seven at 63-56 with less than four minutes to play, but ISU got no closer.
- Kentucky attempted 46 free throws, second-most in the John Calipari era. The most was 48 foul shots vs. UNC Asheville on Nov. 8, 2013.
- Kentucky blocked nine shots tonight, equaling its season best vs. NJIT.
- With 2,185 all-time wins, Kentucky is the nation's leader in that category.
- This marks the 25th time in school history that UK has opened a season 7-0, the fourth time under Coach Calipari.
- Calipari has a 642-178 (.783) all-time record, including a 197-38 (.838) mark at Kentucky.
- Calipari is 107-4 (.964) in Rupp Arena.
- UK extended streaks of 38 consecutive regular-season wins and 25 straight wins in Rupp Arena.
- Kentucky is now 122-5 (.961) under Calipari when limiting the opponent to 63 or fewer points.
- Derek Willis made a 3-pointer at the 1:09 mark of the opening half, extending UK's streak of games with a made 3-pointer to 946, the second-longest streak in the nation.
- For the third time in the last 50 seasons, UK has won each of its first seven games of a season by at least 11 points (1982-1983, 2014-2015, 2015-2016).
- For the second time since 1982-1983 UK has won each of its first seven games of a season while scoring at least 74 points (1987-1988, 2015-2016).
Notes on the No. 1 Ranking
- UK owns an all-time record of 218-28 (.886) as the nation's top-ranked team.
- UK is 66-5 (.930) under Calipari when ranked No. 1 and the Wildcats have been in the No. 1 slot in five of the seven years of Calipari's term in Lexington.
- Calipari is 107-10 (.915) all-time as the head coach of the AP's No. 1 team.
- Junior Marcus Lee totaled 13 points and 12 rebounds, the second double-double of his career, along with the Duke game on Nov. 17.
- Freshman Isaiah Briscoe had a season-high 18 points, added seven rebounds and led the Cats in assists with three.
- Freshman Jamal Murray notched 16 points, his fifth-consecutive double-figure game.
- Junior Dominique Hawkins tied his career high with seven points, making a career-high five foul shots.
Walter Cornett, of Glendale, Kentucky, is the owner and operator of Walter's Wildcat World. He founded WildcatWorld.com in 1998 making it one of the oldest Kentucky basketball fan sites in operation today.