Go here for boxscore.
- In the league opener for both teams, Kentucky is now 11-2 on the season and Ole Miss is 10-3, ending a seven-game winning streak by the Rebels.
- Kentucky leads the all-time series 104-13.
- Next for the Wildcats: Kentucky plays at LSU on Tuesday at 9 p.m., televised by ESPN.
In the First Half
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Tyler Ulis, Isaiah Briscoe, Jamal Murray, Alex Poythress and Marcus Lee for the first time this season.
- Ole Miss got an early 4-2 lead but it was the Rebels’ only advantage of the game.
- Leading 14-11, UK took control of the game with a 27-5 run to take its biggest differential of the half at 41-16.
- The Wildcats went into halftime with a 46-22 lead.
- The 24-point advantage was UK’s largest halftime lead of the year.
In the Second Half
- Early in the second half, UK took its largest lead of the game at 29 points, 53-24.
- Ole Miss got no closer than 20 the rest of the way as UK claimed the 83-61 win.
- With 2,188 all-time wins, Kentucky is the nation’s leader in that category.
- UK extended its streak of 29 straight wins in Rupp Arena.
- Kentucky shot exactly 50 percent from the field, the sixth time this season the Wildcats have made at least half their shots in a game.
- Ole Miss shot 40 percent from the field. UK has held the last 55 home opponents under 50 percent from the field.
- Kentucky dominated the rebounding, 41-27, leading to a 16-9 advantage in second-chance points.
- UK limited the visitors to 61 points. UK is 124-5 (.961) in the Calipari era when holding the opponent to 63 points or less.
- Kentucky extended its streak of 952 consecutive games with at least one 3-point basket.
- Coach John Calipari has a 646-180 (.782) all-time record, including a 201-40 (.834) mark at Kentucky. Calipari is 111-4 (.965) in Rupp Arena.
- Sophomore Tyler Ulis compiled 20 points and 10 assists, his first double-double as a Wildcat.
- He is the first Wildcat to have a 20-point, 10-assist game since John Wall vs. Rider on Nov. 21, 2009.
- Along with his 21 points last Saturday vs. Louisville, Ulis is the first UK player to have consecutive 20-point games since James Young in 2014.
- He is the first Cat with a 10-assist game since Julius Mays vs. Lafayette on Nov. 16, 2012.
- Freshman Jamal Murray had 18 points, his 11th consecutive double-figure game.
- He has made at least one 3-point shot in every game this season, the first player in program history to make a triple in each of his first 13 games.
- He also tied his season best for rebounds with six boards.
- Junior Marcus Lee totaled 13 points and eight rebounds. After making 6 of 9 field goals tonight, Lee has made 32 of 43 (.744) shots in the last seven games.
- Senior Alex Poythress had six points and a game-high nine rebounds.
- Freshman Skal Labissiere had nine points, most for him since 10 against Eastern Kentucky.