This was Kentucky’s first international exhibition game since August of 1995. This was UK’s first ever trip to Canada. Kentucky will play again today vs. Western Ontario at 7 p.m. The game will be televised on the Big Blue Network as well as Fox Sports South and Fox Sports Ohio. The game will also be streamed live on UKathletics.com.
- The Wildcats started Darius Miller, Jon Hood, Brandon Knight, DeAndre Liggins and Josh Harrellson.
- Darius Miller won the opening tip for the Wildcats.
- DeAndre Liggins scored the game’s opening basket.
- Terrence Jones and Doron Lamb were the first Wildcat subs on the evening.
- After trailing 33-30, the Wildcats went an 11-0 run late in the first half and outscored the Lancers 15-2 to take a 43-35 halftime lead.
- Freshman Brandon Knight led all scorers at the half with 15 points and led the Wildcats with five rebounds.
- UK finished the first half shooting 47.1 pct. (16-34) while holding the Lancers to 34.3 pct. (12-35).
- The Wildcats played all nine players when Jarrod Polson checked in with just over seven minutes to go in the game. All nine Wildcats scored.
- Kentucky finished the game shooting 50.0 pct. (37-74) from the field.
- Second half starters for UK were Darius Miller, Jon Hood, Brandon Knight, DeAndre Liggins and Josh Harrellson.
- Hood benefited from UK’s up-tempo style, getting out on the open floor and finishing with three dunks.
- Knight tallied 16 second half points.
- Kentucky outscored the Lancers 52-27 in the second half.
- The Wildcats shot 52.5 pct. (21-40) in the second half, while holding the Lancers to 28.1 pct. (9-32).
- Darius Miller finished with a double-double, 18 points and 12 rebounds. Miller also dished out four assists, blocked two shots and recorded a steal.
- Brandon Knight led all scorers with 31 points, while pulling down seven rebounds and dishing out four assists.
- Josh Harrellson missed a double-double by a point, finished with 11 rebounds and nine points. UK’s lone senior also recorded five blocked shots, a game high.
- Jon Hood finished with four steals.
- Kentucky had four players record four assists (Miller, Hood, Knight, Liggins).
The Wildcats enjoyed a +18 rebounding margin (47-29).