Go here for boxscore.
- Kentucky improved to 33-2, while Western Kentucky ended its season 16-19.
- The Wildcats are 4-2 all-time against Western Kentucky and 2-1 against the Hilltoppers in the NCAA Tournament.
- Kentucky currently has the most NCAA Tournament wins in the history of the tournament with 106.
- UK is now 106-46 in NCAA Tournament games.
- The Wildcats are now 42-10 in NCAA Tournament openers and have won 20 of their last 21 tournament opening games.
- Head coach John Calipari is now 33-13 in the NCAA Tournament.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Terrence Jones, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Doron Lamb, Anthony Davis and Marquis Teague for the 25th time this season. UK is 24-1 with that starting five.
- Darius Miller was the first sub off the bench for UK. It was his 22nd time as the Wildcat sixth man.
- Kentucky extended its streak of games with a 3-pointer to 822 games, the third-longest streak in the country.
- With nine blocked shots, the Wildcats sit in third on the all-time NCAA team blocks list with 308, one shy of second.
- Kentucky opened with a 10-0 run, its 21st 10-0 or better run this season.
- The Wildcats led 45-26 at the half. UK is 27-0 when leading at halftime.
- UK's 45 first-half points are the most points by Kentucky in the first half since tallying 52 against South Carolina on Feb. 4.
- The Cats' 19-point halftime lead was its largest since leading South Carolina by 27 at the half at the same game.
- Kentucky's 15-point victory was its largest margin of victory in the NCAA Tournament since the 2010 Sweet 16 when the Cats beat Cornell 62-45.
Individual game notes
#1 Darius Miller
- Finished with six points pushing his career total to 1,184 points, placing him 41st on the all-time scoring list.
#3 Terrence Jones
- With 22 points, Jones became UK's 59th member of the 1,000-point club. He now has 1,017 career points, placing him 56th on UK's all-time scoring list.
- Scored in double-figures in the first half with 15 points for the eighth time this season.
- Scored NCAA Tournament career-high 22 points.
- Recorded fourth double-double of the season.
#23 Anthony Davis
- With seven blocks, moved to fifth on UK's all-time blocks list with 164.
- Broke the UK single game NCAA Tournament record for blocks.
#20 Doron Lamb
- With 16 points moved to within 65 points of his 1,000th career point.
- Has hit a 3-pointer in 17-straight games.
- With 14 first-half points, has eight games hitting double-figures in the first half.
- Scored NCAA Tournament career-high 16 points.
#25 Marquis Teague
- With 90 assists to 40 turnovers, Teague boasts a 2.3 assist-to-turnover ratio over the last 17 games.
Walter Cornett, of Glendale, Kentucky, is the owner and operator of Walter's Wildcat World. He founded WildcatWorld.com in 1998 making it one of the oldest Kentucky basketball fan sites in operation today.