Go here for boxscore.
- Kentucky is 2-1 on the season and Lafayette is 1-2.
- This was the first meeting between the two schools.
- UK is now 9-1 all-time against teams from the current alignment of the Patriot League.
- Now in its 110th season of men’s basketball, Kentucky has a 94-16 record in home openers.
- UK continues its three-game homestand Wed. Nov. 21 when the Wildcats play host to Morehead. The game is at 7 p.m. and will be televised on Fox Sports South.
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Archie Goodwin, Julius Mays, Alex Poythress, Kyle Wiltjer and Nerlens Noelfor the second-consecutive game.
- After a turnover on Kentucky’s first possession, the Wildcats scored on their next five possessions for a 13-7 lead.
- Wiltjer opened the barrage with a pair of 3-pointers, followed by another triple by Mays, a dunk by Poythress and a jumper by Wiltjer.
- Kentucky led by as many as 24 points in the first half, 48-24, when Mays scored with 2:20 remaining.
- Jarrod Polson made his first career 3-pointer with 53 seconds on the clock and UK went into halftime with a 51-31 advantage.
- The teams battled evenly for several minutes as UK led by 23 points, 62-39, with 12:42 to go.
- Over the next 11 ½ minutes, Kentucky went on a 39-2 run for a 101-41 lead.
- Lafayette scored the last eight points of the game to make the final 101-49.
- UK’s 101 points are the first game over the century mark since the Wildcats opened the 2011-12 season with a 108-58 win over Marist.
- Kentucky shot 64.5 percent from the field, the team’s best percentage since Nov. 28, 2008 when the Wildcats shot 68.8 percent vs. Kansas State.
- Kentucky had 15 steals, most since March 4, 2009 when the Cats had 16 thefts vs. Georgia.
- Lafayette had 28 turnovers, most for a Wildcat opponent since Dec. 22, 2004, when William and Mary accumulated 32 miscues.
- Kentucky has won 52-straight home games, including 51-0 in Rupp Arena under Coach John Calipari. It is the longest win streak in Rupp Arena history.
- Kyle Wiltjer led all scorers with 23 points, including a career-high seven 3-pointers.
- It was the second 20-point game of his career, one less than his career best of 24 last season vs. Loyola.
- Alex Poythress had 22 points on 9-of-10 shooting. He became the first Wildcat to have consecutive 20-point outings since Doron Lamb last season vs. Indiana and Chattanooga.
- Nerlens Noel had an excellent all-around game with 15 points, a game-high seven rebounds, four assists and four steals.
- Willie Cauley-Stein had a season-best 14 points, his first double-figure game as a Wildcat.
- Archie Goodwin had 13 points. He is the fifth UK freshman under Calipari to begin his career with three-straight double figure games, joining John Wall, Brandon Knight, Terrence Jones and Doron Lamb.
- Julius Mays had five points and a career-high 10 assists.
- Jarrod Polson tallied seven points, his second-best game as a Cat, including his first UK 3-pointer. He also had three assists, tying his career high, and had a career-best two steals.
- Twany Beckham scored his first basket as a Wildcat.
- Tod Lanter saw his first official game action in a Kentucky uniform.