Go here for boxscore.
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is now 5-13 overall, 4-7 in the Southeastern Conference.
- UK has lost four in a row and seven of its last eight games after starting league play 3-0.
- Arkansas is 15-5 overall, 7-4 in league play.
- Kentucky leads the series 33-12 but tonight ended an eight-game winning streak by UK.
- Kentucky leads 15-4 in games played in Lexington.
- Next: Kentucky plays host to Auburn on Saturday. The game will tip at 1 p.m. on CBS.
- Brandon Boston Jr. led the Wildcats with 17 points.
- He made a season-high 60% of his field-goal attempts (6 of 10).
- Boston made 4 of 5 on 3-point shots, a season high for 3-pointers made.
- He has made two or more 3-pointers in three of the last five games.
- Boston added seven rebounds and tied his season high for assists with three.
- He has scored in double figures in a team-high 13 games and led the team in scoring a team-high-tying seven times.
- Olivier Sarr totaled 13 points and 10 rebounds, his third double-double at Kentucky, adding a career-high-tying four assists.
- He made a career-high three 3-pointers and has made 6 of 8 long balls over the last three games.
- Devin Askew scored 11 points, his seventh double-figure game of the season and second in a row.
- It is the second time this season he has made two 3-pointers, the fist time taking place in the season opener.
- He added a game-high six assists, just one under his season best, and had only one turnover.
- Davion Mintz pitched in with 11 points, his 11th double-figure scoring game of the season.
- Keion Brooks Jr. notched 10 points and seven rebounds.
- He is averaging 11.6 points per game since returning nine games ago.
- Jacob Toppin had nine points tonight, one shy of his season high, and tied his season best for rebounds with six.
- He made 2 of 2 on 3-point shots, the first 3-pointers he has made this season.
Coach John Calipari
- Calipari is now 335-90 at UK.
- Calipari has a 780-230 all-time on-court record.
- UK is 272-52 under Calipari against teams unranked in The Associated Press Top 25.
- Calipari is 13-7 in his career vs. Arkansas.
- Kentucky lost despite scoring 80 points, just two shy of the season high. Prior to tonight, UK had won every game in which the Wildcats had scored at least 76 points.
- Kentucky made 14 of 26 3-pointers, 53.8%.
- The 14 3-pointers tied for the third most in a game under Calipari and the most since hitting 15 treys vs. Georgia on March 1, 2012.
- Five Wildcats scored in double figures for the first time this season.
- The last time was Feb. 18, 2020.
- Kentucky tied its season high for assists with 18. UK had won the other three games (Morehead State, Mississippi State, Florida) with 18 assists.
- With 18 assists and only 11 turnovers, UK is now 5-2 this season when winning or tying turnover margin.
- Although Kentucky had only 11 turnovers tonight, Arkansas had just six miscues and the visitors won points off turnoversv 12-4.
In the First Half
- Kentucky started Devin Askew, Davion Mintz, Brandon Boston Jr., Isaiah Jackson and Olivier Sarr for the sixth time this season. UK is 1-5 with this lineup.
- UK has used seven different starting lineups this season, none of which have started more than six games.
- Keion Brooks Jr. and Dontaie Allen were the first substitutes at the 15:14 mark.
- Boston opened the game with a 3-pointer. Four of UK's first six baskets, coming in the first 8:09, were 3-pointers as UK staked a 21-15 lead.
- One of the 3s was by Jacob Toppin, making his first long ball of the season.
- Arkansas came back with a 7-0 run to take a 22-21 lead.
- Jackson had spectacular one-handed dunk at the 6:20 mark on an alley-oop from Boston.
- The teams battled evenly the remainder of the half, with Arkansas leading 36-35 at intermission.
- UK was by Boston (nine points), Brooks (eight) and Jackson (seven points).
- Kentucky is 2-8 when trailing at halftime this season.
In the Second Half
- Kentucky opened the second half with the starting lineup.
- Arkansas hit three 3-pointers in the first three minutes, with back-to-back 3s giving the Hogs a 47-42 lead.
- UA added a steal and layup, plus a steal, layup and free throw for an 11-0 run and a 52-42 lead with only 4:33 gone in the second half.
- Ahead 68-60, a UK foul and technical foul gave the Hogs four straight free throws, which they converted for their largest lead at 72-60 with 6:11 to go.
- UK made an 8-0 run to get it within 72-68.
- A Sarr 3-pointer with 2:14 left got it within 76-73.
- A Boston 3-pointer with 27.8 seconds left pulled it to 78-77.
- Arkansas' JD Notae made the second of two free throws to make it 79-77.
- Mintz' 3-pointer with 12.3 seconds left put the Wildcats ahead 80-79.
- Arkansas' Jalen Tate got an offensive rebound and was fouled with 4.3 seconds left. He made both free throws for an 81-80 UA lead.
- Arkansas got a steal at midcourt to preserve the win.
Walter Cornett, of Glendale, Kentucky, is the owner and operator of Walter's Wildcat World. He founded WildcatWorld.com in 1998 making it one of the oldest Kentucky basketball fan sites in operation today.