Kentucky-Campbellsville Postgame Notes
Nov. 2, 2009
- This was the first exhibition game under new coach John Calipari.
- This was the first meeting between Kentucky and Campbellsville.
- Attendance: 21,384
- With the victory, Kentucky won its 13 th consecutive exhibition game and improved its all-time record in such games to 42-4.
- Kentucky’s final exhibition game is Fri. Nov. 6 vs. Clarion. It will be at 7 p.m. and televised by Fox Sports South.
- Kentucky opened with a starting lineup of Eric Bledsoe, Darnell Dodson, Darius Miller, Patrick Patterson and DeMarcus Cousins.
- The Wildcats never trailed. Cousins scored inside and Dodson swished a three-pointer on the first two possessions for a quick 5-0 lead.
- Leading 9-6, Kentucky went on a 15-0 run for a 24-6 advantage.
- UK led at halftime, 36-11. The Wildcats limited the Tigers to 12 percent shooting in the opening frame, 3 of 25.
- The teams played evenly in the second half until a late Kentucky spurt pushed the lead to 36 points at the final margin.
- Kentucky held Campbellsville to 21.1 percent from the field, 12 of 57.
- UK used its size advantage to dominate points in the paint, 48-12.
- The Wildcats made half their shots, 28 of 56.
- Darnell Dodson led all scorers with 19 points. DeMarcus Cousins and Perry Stevenson also landed in double figures with 11 points each. Stevenson tallied his 11 in only six minutes of action.
- Daniel Orton led the UK rebounding with seven boards in 18 minutes.
- Joe Robinson and Shawn Savage paced Campbellsville with nine points apiece.