Go here for boxscore.
- Kentucky is 22-8 overall, 12-5 in the Southeastern Conference. Alabama is 12-18 overall, 6-11 in league play.
- Kentucky leads the series 103-37, including 54-10 in Lexington. This is the only meeting between the teams in the regular season.
- Kentucky closes the regular season Saturday at Florida. Game time is noon and will be telecast on CBS.
- Kentucky started seniors Jon Hood and Jarrod Polson, along with Aaron Harrison, Julius Randle and Willie Cauley-Stein.
- Hood and Polson opened the UK scoring by each making a 3-pointer to give the Wildcats a 6-4 lead.
- The half was played at a deliberate pace with five ties, five lead changes and neither team leading by more than four points. Alabama’s Shannon Hale hit a 3-pointer to send the Crimson Tide to a 28-25 halftime advantage.
- Trailing 32-28, Kentucky went on a 15-2 run for a 43-34 lead.
- Trailing 45-36, Alabama made an 11-3 run to get within one at 48-47 but that was the Tide’s final basket of the game.
- Kentucky responded with a basket by Johnson, a 3-pointer by Young and two foul shots by Randle to stretch the lead back out to 55-47. Meanwhile the UK defense held Alabama without a basket for the final five minutes of the game.
- Kentucky finished the regular season with a 16-2 home record (.889).
- Kentucky limited Alabama to 48 points, the fewest UK has allowed this season.
- UK now 36-0 under Coach John Calipari when holding the opponent to 55 or fewer points.
- UK dominated the rebounding 41-27, leading to an 18-3 advantage in second-chance points.