Go here for boxscore.
KENTUCKY MEN'S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
MIZZOU ARENA | COLUMBIA, MO
DEC. 28, 2022
Final Score: RV/RV Missouri 89, No. 19/17 Kentucky 75
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is now 8-4 on the season. Missouri is 12-1 and has won three in a row.
- This was the SEC opener for both teams. UK is 69-20 all-time in SEC lidlifters.
- Kentucky leads the series 14-3 and leads 4-3 in games played in Columbia.
- Next for UK: the Wildcats close 2022 by hosting in-state rival Louisville on New Year's Eve at noon. The game will be televised on CBS.
- Kentucky won the rebounding, 37-28, leading to a 17-11 advantage in second-chance points.
- Oscar Tshiebwe totaled 23 points and a season-high 19 rebounds, his sixth double-double of the season.
- Tshiebwe surpassed the millennium mark in rebounds tonight and has 1,016 in his collegiate career.
- The game marked the fourth contest with at least 22 points and 18 rebounds of Tshiebwe's career. He now has four of the seven such games by an SEC player in the last 10 seasons.
- Cason Wallace had 19 points, second-highest of the season behind his 27 points last week vs. Florida A&M.
- Sahvir Wheeler had 12 points, his sixth-double figure game of the season, and a game-high eight assists.
- Adou Thiero came off the bench to give the Wildcats a second-half spark, totaling five points, three rebounds and an assist.
- Lance Ware had six points and six rebounds.
- He has at least five rebounds in each of the last three games.
Coach John Calipari
- Calipari is 11-5 vs. Missouri, including 10-3 while at Kentucky.
- Calipari is 11-3 in SEC openers.
- Calipari has an 818-245 all-time on-court record and is 373-105 in 14 seasons at UK.
- UK is 306-59 (83.8%) against unranked competition under Calipari.
In the First Half
- Kentucky started the combination of Sahvir Wheeler, Cason Wallace, Chris Livingston, Lance Ware and Oscar Tshiebwe for the second straight game. UK is 1-1 with the lineup.
- Kentucky took a 3-2 lead on a 3-pointer by Wallace but it was UK's only lead of the half.
- Missouri led by as many as 14 points in the first half and took a 42-30 lead at halftime.
- Wallace paced the UK scoring with 10 points while Tshiebwe had nine points and 12 rebounds.
In the Second Half
- Kentucky opened the second stanza with the starting lineup.
- Missouri scored the first five points of the half to extend the advantage to 47-30.
- Trailing 54-37, Kentucky had a 7-0 spurt – its largest of the game – to narrow the count to 54-44.
- UK got as close as nine points at 56-47 but no closer as Missouri eventually led by as many as 21 points at 84-63.
Walter Cornett, of Glendale, Kentucky, is the owner and operator of Walter's Wildcat World. He founded WildcatWorld.com in 1998 making it one of the oldest Kentucky basketball fan sites in operation today.