Go here for boxscore.
KENTUCKY MEN’S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
RUPP ARENA AT CENTRAL BANK CENTER | LEXINGTON, KY
FEB. 25, 2023
Final Score: Kentucky 86, Auburn 54
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky won its fourth in a row – tying a season-long win streak for the third time this season – and the Wildcats are 20-9 overall and 11-5 in the Southeastern Conference.
- Kentucky has tied at least a tie for fourth place in the league standings but, as this was written, has not clinched a Friday double-bye at the SEC Tournament.
- Auburn is 19-10 overall, 9-7 in the league.
- Kentucky leads the series 97-23.
- UK leads 51-2 in games played in Lexington and has won the last 20 vs. the Tigers in Rupp Arena.
- Next for the Wildcats: Kentucky hosts Vanderbilt on Wednesday at 7 p.m. The Senior Night game will be televised on the SEC Network.
- Kentucky limited Auburn to 54 points. UK is 88-0 under John Calipari, including 5-0 this season, when keeping the opponent to 55 points or fewer.
- Auburn shot 33.9% from the field. UK is 231-24 (90.6%) under Calipari when the opponent shoots 40% or less from the field.
- UK won the rebounding 41-23, leading to a 14-7 advantage in second-chance points.
- UK is 20-4 this season when winning the rebounding and 13-0 when winning the rebounding by double digits.
- Kentucky’s 10 steals are the most since 10 thefts at Gonzaga on November 20.
- Kentucky’s 86 points is a season high in an SEC game.
- Kentucky shot 56.1% from the field today, the 10th time this season and second game in a row that the Wildcats have made at least half their shots.
- Kentucky shot a season-high 61.5% on 3-pointers, 8 of 13.
- UK is 13-0 this season when making at least 36% from long range.
- Kentucky made 14 of 15 free throws, a season-high 93.3 percent.
- This was the second game in a row that UK had two double-doubles – Toppin and Tshiebwe today and Toppin and Livingston at Florida.
- Kentucky led by as many as 40 points today, marking the third-largest lead in any game this season. The Wildcats are 327-13 (96.2%) under John Calipari when leading by at least 10 points at some point during the game.
- Oscar Tshiebwe collected 22 points and 17 rebounds.
- This is his 16th double-double of the season and 44th in 61 games at Kentucky.
- His 44th double-double moved him past Jim Andrews for third place in UK history in that category.
- It is his fifth 20-15 game of the season, 12th as a Wildcat.
- He has made 20 of 23 shots from the field in the last two games, 87 percent.
- He made all six free throws, tying his best perfect performance as a Wildcat, also made 6 of 6 vs. Gonzaga and Florida A&M.
- Jacob Toppin had 13 points and a career-high 12 rebounds.
- It is his seventh double-double of the season and first time he has done it back-to-back games.
- It is his 12th-straight game with double-figure scoring and 14th in the last 16.
- He has made 7 of 10 on 3-point shots in the last five games.
- He also had a season-high-tying five assists, only one short of his career high.
- Antonio Reeves tossed in 21 points – 18 in the second half – his seventh 20-point game of the season.
- He has made 15 of 31 on 3-point shots in the last five games.
- He has scored in double figures in 13 of his last 15 games.
- Cason Wallace almost had a double-double with 19 points and nine assists.
- 19 points are his most since 24 vs. Arkansas on Feb. 7.
- It is his sixth game in a row with at least five assists and nine assists matches his second-most of the season.
- After missing four games because of a rib injury, CJ Fredrick returned to action and played seven minutes.
Coach John Calipari
- This is Kentucky’s 13th 20-win season in 14 seasons under John Calipari.
- Calipari is 14-6 vs. Auburn, all coming at Kentucky.
- Calipari has an 830-250 all-time on-court record and is 385-110 in 14 seasons at UK.
- UK is 316-62 (83.6%) against unranked competition under Calipari.
- Kentucky is 647-80 (89.0%) in the 47-year history of Rupp Arena.
- Kentucky is 220-20 (91.7%) in Rupp Arena under Calipari.
In the First Half
- Kentucky starters were Cason Wallace, Antonio Reeves, Chris Livingston, Jacob Toppin and Oscar Tshiebwe for the fifth game in a row. UK is 4-1 with this lineup.
- Adou Thiero and CJ Fredrick were the first substitutes at the 12:33 mark.
- The half was played evenly until the final 1:40, when a Toppin 3-pointer, a Wallace 3, and two Tshiebwe foul shots ended the half on an 8-0 run to take a 40-29 advantage into the locker room.
- Tshiebwe got a double-double in the first half with 14 points and 10 rebounds.
- UK is now 17-0 this season when leading or tied at halftime.
In the Second Half
- Kentucky opened the second half with the starting lineup.
- After Auburn got the first basket, UK got an 9-0 spurt for a total run of 17-2, pushing the tally to 49-31.
- UK led by as many as 40 points at 88-46.