Go here for boxscore.
- Kentucky improves to 3-0 on the season, while Penn State falls to 3-1.
- The Wildcats are 3-1 all-time against Penn State.
- UK is now 96-56 all-time against Big 10 opponents.
- UK closes out its three-game road stretch on Sunday in the championship game of the Hall of Fame Tip-off Tournament. Kentucky takes on the winner of the Old Dominion/South Florida Sunday at noon ET. The game will be televised live on ESPNU.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Terrence Jones, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Doron Lamb, Marquis Teague and Anthony Davis for the second straight game.
- Darius Miller was the first sub off the bench for the second straight game.
- Kentucky extended its streak of games with a 3-pointer to 790 games, the third-longest streak in the country.
- Marquis Teague opened the game with a 3-pointer, the first time this season UK has opened the game with a 3.
- Leading 8-5, the Wildcats used a 39-10 run to open up a 47-15 lead heading into halftime.
- Kentucky’s 32-point halftime lead was its largest of the season.
- Doron Lamb’s 17-point first half was the most the points scored by a Wildcat in the first half since Lamb and Brandon Knight each scored 17 against Winthrop on Dec. 22, 2010.
- The Kentucky defense held Penn State to just 16.2 pct. from the field in the first half.
- The Wildcats held the Nittany Lions without a field goal for 11:32. PSU scored a bucket at 11:33 and didn’t get another one until a lay-up at the buzzer.
- UK has held all three opponents below 34 pct. from the field this season.
- The Wildcats’ average margin of victory through the first three games this season is 32.7 points.
- Kentucky handed out 19 assists for the second straight game.
Individual game notes
- Has hit a 3-pointer in all three games this season.
- Scored in double-figures in back-to-back games.
- Recorded his 14th career double-double ranking 28th in UK history in double-doubles.
- Tied his career high with five assists.
#5 Jarrod Polson
- Scored first point of the season.
#20 Doron Lamb
- Hit multiple 3-pointers for the second time this season and the 28th time in his career. Going back to the end of last season, Lamb has hit multiple 3s in six straight games.
- Scored 17 first-half points tying his career-best for first-half production.
- Recorded his sixth career 20-point game and first of the season.
#23 Anthony Davis
- Has recorded three or more blocks in every game this season.
#25 Marquis Teague
- Connected on a personal-best three 3-pointers, his first career multi-3-point game.
- Recorded first collegiate block and finished with two blocked shots.
#30 Eloy Vargas
- Tied his career-high with eight rebounds
#32 Brian Long
- Scored first career points.
#33 Kyle Wiltjer
- Finished first half with 12 points, first time in his short career that he’s tallied double-figure scoring in the first half.
- Finished with a career-high 19 points.