Go here for boxscore.
- Kentucky improves to 25-10 overall, while Kansas State concludes the year with a 20-13 record.
- Kentucky now leads the series 9-0 including 2-0 in the NCAA Tournament.
- The Wildcats lead the nation with a 112-46 all-time record in the NCAA Tournament.
- UK is 43-10 in tournament openers.
- The Wildcats are 6-1 in the NCAA Tournament when the game is played in St. Louis.
- Kentucky has won 21 of its last 22 second round (previously first round) games.
- UK is 14-2 in NCAA Tournament games under John Calipari.
- Kentucky advances to play No. 1 seed Wichita State on Sunday, March 23. The game is set to air live on CBS at 2:45 p.m. ET.
- Kentucky’s starting lineup consisted of five freshmen in Aaron Harrison, Andrew Harrison, Dakari Johnson,Julius Randle and James Young. That lineup improves to 9-4 on the season.
- Alex Poythress and Willie Cauley-Stein were the first subs off the bench for UK. Poythress’ name has been called first a team-high 20 times and Cauley-Stein has been first on 15 occasions.
- Poythress hit a 3-pointer at the 13:35 mark of the first half to extend UK’s 3-point streak to 895 consecutive games. Kentucky entered the game tied with Vanderbilt for the nation’s second-longest streak. By extending the streak, UK officially takes over the second-longest streak in the country trailing only UNLV.
- John Calipari coached teams are 125-38 in the months of March and April.
- Calipari is 39-13 all-time as a coach in the NCAA Tournament.
- Prior to today’s game, only seniors Jon Hood and Jarrod Polson and junior Brian Long had logged a minute in NCAA Tournament action. The trio had combined for 10 total minutes.
First Half Facts
- Andrew Harrison made one of two free throws prior to the jump ball after Kansas State was assessed a technical foul for dunking in warm-ups.
- A 14-2 run over a 5:17 time frame which was highlighted by a pair of 3-pointers from Aaron Harrison gave UK a 19-10 lead with 8:21 remaining in the half.
- A 6-0 run by Kansas State trimmed UK’s 12-point advantage to just six at 29-23 with under a minute to play in the half.
- That score held into the break. The Wildcats improve to 21-2 when leading at halftime this season.
Second Half Facts
- Kansas State cut Kentucky’s advantage to two at 35-33 into the second timeout of the second half with 14:54 remaining.
- A 7-0 spurt, which included a technical foul being assessed to Kansas State’s Shane Southwell, allowed Kentucky to push the lead back to nine at 42-33 with 12:32 remaining.
- Willie Cauley-Stein finished with two points and eight rebounds. He also added four blocks and four steals.
- Registered four or more blocks in three of his last four games.
- Passed Nerlens Noel (105) for second place on the single-season blocks list at Kentucky.
- Had four steals marking the third time this season and the sixth time in his career he has had at least three swipes in a single outing.
- Aaron Harrison scored 18 points and sunk a pair of 3-pointers.
- Andrew Harrison capped the game with seven points, five rebounds and a team-best five assists.
- Logged four or more assists in five of his last seven games.
- Julius Randle tallied a double-double with team-highs in points (19) and rebounds (15).
- Moved into third on UK’s single-season double-double list and set the freshman record by himself with the 21st double-double of the year. He is now tied with Jim Andrews on the list.
- Reached double-figure scoring for the 30th time this season and the 12th time in the last 14 games.
- Advanced to 10th on the single-season list for rebounds moving past Dan Issel (369).
- Pushed past Alex Groza (180) for single-season free throws into fifth place.