Go here for boxscore.
- Kentucky is 8-1 on the season. Eastern Kentucky is now 7-3.
- Kentucky leads the series 12-0, including 3-0 under Coach John Calipari.
- Kentucky returns to action Saturday, Dec. 12, at home against Arizona State. Game time is 3:15 p.m. and it will be televised on ESPN.
In the First Half
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Tyler Ulis, Isaiah Briscoe, Jamal Murray, Alex Poythress and Skal Labissiere for the first time this season.
- Kentucky scored the first six points of the game and jumped out to a 12-2 lead.
- EKU rallied within one at 14-13 but UK never lost the lead.
- Key run: ahead 36-30, UK went on a 12-0 run for a 48-30 advantage and the Cats went to halftime ahead 50-36.
In the Second Half
- After UK scored the first basket of the second half, EKU scored 10 straight in the next two minutes to pull within six points at 52-46.
- EKU was still within eight (73-65) with six minutes to go, but UK closed the game with a 15-2 run for a final score of 88-67.
- Kentucky scored a season-high 88 points, including five players landing in double figures.
- Kentucky scored its first 16 baskets in the paint.
- The first 14 in-the-paint baskets came by the 7:35 mark of the first half, with those 28 in-the-paint points equaling UK’s total output in the paint at UCLA.
- UK eventually outscored EKU 58-30 in the paint. The 58 points in the paint equaled the season high, previously set against Boston.
- UK dominated the rebounding battle 50-25. With 18 offensive rebounds, the Wildcats won the second-chance points by a 29-9 margin.
- UK’s defense was an important part of the victory.
- EKU entered the game sixth in the nation in scoring (90.4 ppg), sixth in field-goal percentage (52.4) and fifth in 3-point percentage (44.3). UK limited the Colonels to 67 points, 23 below their average, while shooting just 40 percent from the field and 27.8 percent from long range.
- UK tied a season high with nine blocked shots.
- With 2,186 all-time wins, Kentucky is the nation’s leader in that category.
- Calipari has a 643-179 (.782) all-time record, including a 198-39 (.835) mark at Kentucky.
- Calipari is 108-4 (.964) in Rupp Arena, including 60-1 (.984) against non-conference opponents.
- UK is 28-6 (.824) under Calipari when coming off a loss.
- UK extended its streak of 26 straight wins in Rupp Arena.
- Jamal Murray and Tyler Ulis made back-to-back 3-pointers late in the first half, extending UK’s streak of games with a made 3-pointer to 948, the second-longest streak in the nation.
- Senior Alex Poythress totaled 21 points and a career-high-tying 13 rebounds, his third double-double of the season and fifth of his career.
- 21 points was one shy of his career high (22 on two occasions).
- 13 rebounds equaled his career best set vs. Asheville on Nov. 18, 2013.
- Freshman Jamal Murray notched 16 points, his seventh-consecutive double-figure game.
- Junior Marcus Lee had a perfect shooting night, making all five field goals, plus his only free-throw attempt, for 11 points. He had a career-high five blocked shots.
- Freshman Isaiah Briscoe had 10 points, hitting 5-of-9 from the field.
- Freshman Skal Labissiere had 10 points and added three defensive rejections.
- Sophomore Tyler Ulis had nine points and a game-high eight assists. The assists were only one shy of his career best set in the last game at UCLA.