Go here for boxscore.
- Kentucky is 8-1 on the season. Eastern Kentucky is now 7-3.
- Kentucky leads the series 12-0, including 3-0 under Coach John Calipari.
- Kentucky returns to action Saturday, Dec. 12, at home against Arizona State. Game time is 3:15 p.m. and it will be televised on ESPN.
In the First Half
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Tyler Ulis, Isaiah Briscoe, Jamal Murray, Alex Poythress and Skal Labissiere for the first time this season.
- Kentucky scored the first six points of the game and jumped out to a 12-2 lead.
- EKU rallied within one at 14-13 but UK never lost the lead.
- Key run: ahead 36-30, UK went on a 12-0 run for a 48-30 advantage and the Cats went to halftime ahead 50-36.
In the Second Half
- After UK scored the first basket of the second half, EKU scored 10 straight in the next two minutes to pull within six points at 52-46.
- EKU was still within eight (73-65) with six minutes to go, but UK closed the game with a 15-2 run for a final score of 88-67.
- Kentucky scored a season-high 88 points, including five players landing in double figures.
- Kentucky scored its first 16 baskets in the paint.
- The first 14 in-the-paint baskets came by the 7:35 mark of the first half, with those 28 in-the-paint points equaling UK's total output in the paint at UCLA.
- UK eventually outscored EKU 58-30 in the paint. The 58 points in the paint equaled the season high, previously set against Boston.
- UK dominated the rebounding battle 50-25. With 18 offensive rebounds, the Wildcats won the second-chance points by a 29-9 margin.
- UK's defense was an important part of the victory.
- EKU entered the game sixth in the nation in scoring (90.4 ppg), sixth in field-goal percentage (52.4) and fifth in 3-point percentage (44.3). UK limited the Colonels to 67 points, 23 below their average, while shooting just 40 percent from the field and 27.8 percent from long range.
- UK tied a season high with nine blocked shots.
- With 2,186 all-time wins, Kentucky is the nation's leader in that category.
- Calipari has a 643-179 (.782) all-time record, including a 198-39 (.835) mark at Kentucky.
- Calipari is 108-4 (.964) in Rupp Arena, including 60-1 (.984) against non-conference opponents.
- UK is 28-6 (.824) under Calipari when coming off a loss.
- UK extended its streak of 26 straight wins in Rupp Arena.
- Jamal Murray and Tyler Ulis made back-to-back 3-pointers late in the first half, extending UK's streak of games with a made 3-pointer to 948, the second-longest streak in the nation.
- Senior Alex Poythress totaled 21 points and a career-high-tying 13 rebounds, his third double-double of the season and fifth of his career.
- 21 points was one shy of his career high (22 on two occasions).
- 13 rebounds equaled his career best set vs. Asheville on Nov. 18, 2013.
- Freshman Jamal Murray notched 16 points, his seventh-consecutive double-figure game.
- Junior Marcus Lee had a perfect shooting night, making all five field goals, plus his only free-throw attempt, for 11 points. He had a career-high five blocked shots.
- Freshman Isaiah Briscoe had 10 points, hitting 5-of-9 from the field.
- Freshman Skal Labissiere had 10 points and added three defensive rejections.
- Sophomore Tyler Ulis had nine points and a game-high eight assists. The assists were only one shy of his career best set in the last game at UCLA.
Walter Cornett, of Glendale, Kentucky, is the owner and operator of Walter's Wildcat World. He founded WildcatWorld.com in 1998 making it one of the oldest Kentucky basketball fan sites in operation today.